Maelezo Kuhusu Wizara
The Ministry of Communication and Information Technology was established on 5thDecember, 2020 by the President of the United of Republic of Tanzania. Previously, the Ministry was one of the sectors comprised in the then Ministry of Works, Trans- port and Communication, which existed between the years 2015 to 2020. The Ministry is meant to formulate and monitor implementation of policies on information and communication technologies and, Postal services. It is envisaged to drive the digital transformation agenda in Tanzania amid the global fourth phase of industrial revolution.
The President of the United of Republic of Tanzania created a Ministry of Communication and Information Technology on 05th December 2020, which is mandated to formulate and monitor implementation of Policies on Information Technology, Telecom- munications and Postal.The Ministry is also responsible for ICT broadband Back-Borne; Performance Improvement and Development of Human resources; extra-Ministerial Departments, Parastatal Organisations; Agencies and Projects under this Ministry.
Integrity: We treat our customers and other stakeholders fairly and with courtesy. We are ethical in the course of discharging our duties and uphold confidentiality.
Transparency: We disseminate and share necessary information about our services and products to the public.
Teamwork: We utilize diverse expertise in achieving our goals.
Professionalism: We make use of high skill and competence in performing our duties.
Innovativeness: We develop new methods and ideas that result in to positive outcome in the sector.
Accountability: We are responsible for actions and decisions we make in course of performing our duties.
- HIV/AIDS Infections and Non-Communicable Diseas- es Reduced and Supportive Services Improved;
- Effective Implementation of National Anti-Corruption Strategy enhanced and sustained;
- Access to Information Technology, Telecommunication and Postal services improved;
- Digital Empowerment enhanced;
- Management of Information Technology, Telecommunication and Postal Services Improved; and
- Institutional capacity to deliver its services improved.